Most of us know how hard it can be to get the men in our lives to take care of themselves, let alone apply a beauty treatment or get into a skin care regime. With Father’s Day coming up, we thought it would be a great time to hand out some tips on how to get your man to take care of his skin. Let’s Go.
1. Follow the KISS rule – Keep It Super Simple
Start with the basics – cleanser, moisturiser and SPF sun protection. These three products, if selected with consideration to his skin type and concerns, can be beneficial straight off the bat. His skin will look clean, clear with less congestion and a more even skin tone. asap’s Skin Essential’s Pack includes all the basics like cleanser and moisturiser with SPF and more – exfoliating scrub, cleansing gel, soothing gel and lip balm.
It’s also worthwhile putting them in places you know he will find them and use them. Like cleanser in the shower and bathroom cabinet, moisturiser next to his shaving gear and sun cream can now be purchased to be attached to keys, lunch bags and just about anywhere. Even better, try and choose a moisturiser with sun protection in it like – asap Moisturising Daily Defence SPF50+ which can be used on almost any skin type.
2. Compliment the results…and introduce more products that can help him love his skin.
Who doesn’t love to hear when something they’re doing is working? Or that they look good? C’mon, we love it! So, when your man is looking more handsome for using his products then, tell him! Once he knows that the bare minimum is working, he might then be interested in including a few more products to address certain skin concerns. Here are a few examples of products we think he will love;
- Aspect Dr Pigment Plus – a multi-pathway action on hyperpigmentation results in a clearer, rejuvenated younger-looking skin
- Cosmedix Reboot Serum - The concentrated formula works to improve hydration and reduce the appearance of wrinkles overnight so you can wake up to a smoother, softer and more youthful looking complexion.
- Societé Ultimate Eye Lift Dual including Lift & Fill and Firm & Brighten both of which work to firm and plump the delicate skin surrounding the eye by producing immediate and long-term improvements.
3. Do it together – take care of your skin, that is.
It can be both fun and sensual to spend time with your loved one applying masks, beauty treatments and moisturising each other’s skin. But for some of us, finding this time is not a walk in the park so even just cleansing and moisturisng your skin at the same time together, might prove to be a game changer. If you do happen to spend some time alone together for some beauty treatments, we love – Glow, Restore or Detox mask all from Cosmedix.
So, there you have it – our 3 tips to get him to take care his skin. Have you got any tips on how you get your man to take care of his skin? Let us know on our Facebook page!